A unique topical combination of Homeopathic Arnica Montana plus vitamin K and botanicals to reduce bruising &swelling and improve circulation to bruised tissue. Liposome nanotechnology transdermal system ensures delivery of active ingredients to the skin. Silicone base has an elegant, silky feel. For best results, take with Arnica Montana 30X tablets.
Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets.
Caution: For external use only. Do not apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. If swallowed, seek medical attention or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- Who should use Recovery Cream? Recovery Cream is ideal for the bruising and swelling that often accompanies facial surgical procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job), rhytidectomy (face lift) and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery); non-surgical procedures like laser and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®) and sprains & strains from overuse or sports injury.
- Who should not use Recovery Cream? Homeopathic remedies have an excellent safety track record. However, if an individual has a known allergy to Arnica Montana, topical formulations of vitamin K, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey or grape seed extract, he/she should not use the product.
- What is the primary benefit of using Recovery Cream? Recovery Cream is a homeopathic remedy that is useful for treating bruising and swelling associated with soft tissue injury. Whether you bang your arm into a wall, twist your ankle or undergo facial plastic surgery, tiny capillaries in the affected area rupture. Blood, which escapes into the surrounding tissue, shows up on the surface of the skin in shades of purple, red and blue and is referred to as ecchymosis or a bruise. As the blood is reabsorbed and the area heals, the discoloration changes to a greenish-yellow hue.
It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles and joints. Vitamin K is well-known for its role in reducing bruising. Botanicals like vitamin C ester, hesperidin, horse chestnut, comfrey and grape seed extract help strengthen capillaries and improve micro-circulation in the dermis.
- When do I start using VitaMedica’s Recovery Cream? When do I stop using the product? Apply a thin layer of cream immediately following procedure or injury, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. Reapply 3 times daily until bruising subsides. For best results, use with VitaMedica Homeopathic Arnica Montana 30X tablets. Recovery Cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
- How much Recovery Cream should I use and how long will it last? This depends on the size of the injury or incision. Use enough cream to provide a thin layer of coverage to the entire affected area, taking care not to apply directly to wounds or broken skin. For most individuals, a pea size amount should suffice. This will provide approximately 3-4 weeks of application.
- Should I use both the Recovery Cream and the Arnica Montana 30X tablets? Yes, for best results, we recommend that a bi-directional approach be used. This will provide anti-bruising benefits from both the inside and out. These two products are packaged together in a combo pack called the Arnica Anti-Bruise Kit.