Conveniently located to serve Cleveland, Beachwood, Lake County, Westlake
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a medical therapy involving the placement of hair-thin sterile needles of varying lengths, into specific areas of the skin. It was developed in China more than 3,500 years ago and is one of the oldest and most commonly used medical procedures in the world.
Acupuncture is based on the belief that there is a body force of energy called chi (pronounced “chee”) that is present in all living organisms. It is believed that in a state of good health and wellbeing, this energy flows along 12 different pathways in the body, called meridians. Each of these meridians (channels or pathways) is connected to specific organs systems throughout the body. In a state of illness, it is believed that one or more of the pathways is blocked, thus disrupting the positive flow of energy. Acupuncture is a proven and effective therapy to stimulate an even flow of energy to promote improved health and wellbeing.
Most popular treatment for Acupuncture?
The most widely accepted use for Acupuncture is in the treatment of chronic pain, but it is also very beneficial for treating:
- Appetite Suppression
- Carpal Tunnel Problems
- Digestive Disorders (spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea, gastritis)
- Respiratory Disorders (Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Asthma)
- Nausea During Chemotherapy or Morning Sickness
- Neurological and Muscular Disorders (headaches, facial tics, neck pain, tennis elbow, tendinitis, osteoarthritis)
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Stop Smoking
- Urinary, Menstrual and Reproductive Problems
Additional Benefits of Acupuncture?
- Supporting the body’s natural ability to heal
- Reducing stress and promoting a state of relaxation
- Decreasing pain
- Reducing sleep problems
- Preventing many chronic diseases
- Enhancing immune system function
- Decreasing infections
- Lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose levels
- Improving bowel function
- Lessening anxiety or depression
Who should not have Acupuncture?
- Have damaged prosthetic valves
- Use blooding thinning medications (such as Warfarin or Coumadin)
- Have a metal allergy
- Are taking immune-suppressing medications
Schedule a Consultation
For more information on Acupuncture or to schedule a consultation for a personalized treatment plan with one of our providers, please contact us.