Arnica Montana Bottle
Obtain temporary relief from bruising, swelling and pain associated with soft tissue injury with our homeopathic Arnica Montana. Ideal for sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury and after less-invasive surgical procedures like arthroscopic surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®).
Begin taking Arnica Montana immediately following soft tissue injury and continue until the bruising and swelling subsides (7-14 days). To ensure proper absorption, do not brush your teeth, eat or drink anything but water 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after taking this product. This product is a sublingual application. Do not handle the tablets. Instead, drop tablets into bottle cap and place tablets under the tongue and let dissolve naturally. Adults: 3 tablets, 3 times a day.
- Who should use Arnica Montana 30X? Arnica Montana contains compounds that are especially important for the reduction of bruising and swelling from soft tissue injury. Arnica Montana is ideal for Ideal for sprains and strains from overuse or sports injury and after less-invasive surgical procedures like arthroscopic surgery, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and fractional resurfacing (e.g., Fraxel®).
- Who should not use Arnica Montana 30X? Homeopathic remedies have an excellent safety track record. However, certain individuals should seek the advice of their doctor before beginning any medication particularly diabetics, pregnant or lactating women. If an individual has a known allergy to Arnica Montana, he/she should not take the product. Please refer to the Directions section for more information on precautions and contraindications.
- What is the primary benefit of using Arnica Montana 30X?Arnica Montana is a homeopathic remedy that is useful for treating bruising and swelling associated with soft tissue injury. Inflammation is the result of trauma, injury or surgery that causes an excessive amount of blood to stretch the walls of the capillaries. Fluid and white blood cells escape from the capillaries into the spaces between cells in the surrounding area. The swelling that results causes stretching of the tissues and presses on the nerve endings causing pain and adding to the stiffness that may follow. It is believed that Arnica Montana increases the flow of blood through the affected capillaries causing escaped fluids to be absorbed. The absorption of the fluids makes black and blue marks go away faster and reduces the swelling, relieving the pressure on nerve endings. This in turn, relieves the pain and stiffness. Arnica also stimulates white blood cells, which then help disperse material trapped in bruised tissue, muscles and joints.
- What does the “30X” refer to after the name Arnica Montana?The term “30X” refers to the potency of the Arnica Montana formulation. In the dilution process, the original tincture is called the “mother potency”. The mother potency is then diluted with alcohol or can be mixed with lactose and ground in a mortar and pestle. During each dilution process, the result of the prior dilution is used instead of the mother tincture. A number of dilution processes are available that create different potencies. With the X-process, each tincture is mixed with 1 part medicine and 9 parts of diluting material (e.g. alcohol or lactose). With the C-process, the mixing ratio is 1 part medicine to 99 parts of diluting material. VitaMedica’s 30X potency means that the Arnica Montana was diluted 30 times to one part in ten (or 10 to the 30th power).
- When do I start taking VitaMedica’s Arnica Montana? When do I stop taking the product? For surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following your procedure. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided, typically 7-14 days following surgery. For non-surgical procedures, begin taking Arnica Montana 30X immediately following trauma or soft tissue injury. Continue taking Arnica Montana 30X until the bruising and swelling has subsided.
- What is the recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X? The recommended dosing for Arnica Montana 30X is 3 tablets, three times a day.